Volunteering with Swerve Robotics or FIRST
Whether you have a weekend to help, want to mentor for a length of time, have technical or non-technical expertise, there is a volunteer role suited to your unique interest.
Why volunteer with Swerve Robotics or FIRST?
- Make a difference in the lives of young people
- Help kids discover the fun in science and technology
- Help young people apply real-world math and science concepts
- Network with like minded professionals
- Help to grow the next generation of our workforce
- Help celebrate science and technology
Who are our Volunteers?
- Community leaders
- Employees of corporate sponsors
- University students and faculty
- FIRST alumni and friends
- Possible Volunteer Opportunities
FIRST uses the FIRST global Volunteer Information Management System (VIMS). If you have not volunteered before please allow 20 minutes to create your Volunteer Profile on VIMS. Your profile must be created and established 5 business days before an event. To learn more about the process click here. To start your new profile, click here.
If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor for a team, project or outreach opportunities please fill out this form we will work to help place you with the team of your choice.
Volunteer Driver – We have events that we attend locally that we need drivers for the students. You can volunteer to be a driver for one of these events by clicking:
Provide a meal – As teams get deep into the build season, they often need to work extra hours. To accommodate these needs, we extend our build meetings and ask parents to provide meals for those students and mentors who are in attendance. Students are asked to contribute $5/meal. Parents who feed the team can be reimbursed (within reason), or can choose to make the meal a donation. To volunteer to provide a meal(s) click: